Few things add a nice kick to any dish more than salsa. Whether mixing it in with eggs for breakfast or including it with some grilled chicken or ground beef, salsa is pretty fool-proof when it comes to seasoning while adding some great nutrients.
If you are someone who just want to learn the basics in the kitchen, here is a homemade salsa recipe that is very easy and a beginner can easily do in the kitchen. If you live independently and you want to throw a party for your friends, impress them with this delicious and super easy recipe.
Ingredients for Homemade Salsa Recipe:
- White onion, sliced
- Jalapeno pepper
- Tomatillos, coarsely chopped
- Avocado, cut into half
- Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Lime juice
Not everyone is familiar with tomatillos. It is one of the basic ingredients in any Mexican cuisine. It resembles a tomato, only it is usually smaller and what distinguishes it from a tomato is its green color. Tomatillos are packed with vitamin C, making it a very healthy addition to any dish.
Procedure for the Homemade Salsa Recipe:
- Combine the white onion and jalapeno pepper in a blender. Mix them well together and set aside.
- Then, place the tomatillos, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice in the same blender.
- Mix them well, but do not over-puree the vegetables, so as to have some chunkiness consistency.
- Remove from blender and combine with the white onion and jalapeno blend. Place the homemade salsa recipe in a bowl, and it is ready to be served.
- You can season it with salt and pepper. Adjust the taste according to your own preference. You can even make it spicier, if you wish.
Some Additional Tips
- If you will serve it at a party, you can make it ahead of time (even the day before). Just place the salsa in an air tight container and place inside the fridge. It would still taste as fresh and delish the following day.
- As mentioned before, feel free to mix it up to spruce up some more bland dishes like eggs, grilled chicken, ground beef, burgers, fish.
- This is a very simple to do recipe, plus it is very nutritious because of the fresh vegetable ingredients and there isn’t any process junk.
- For an extra protein punch, add black beans.