How to Make Turkey Meatloaf With Your Muffin Tin
We’re all for lightening up popular meal recipes, and even better when they’re super easy to make as well. Here is a recipe for making turkey meatloaf than can be made in a muffin tin, which makes portion control a piece of cake. Switching to turkey can save from calories while still keeping the protein, and although this recipe is light on excess ingredients it is still full of flavor.
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs (or any other gluten free alternative you might prefer)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces ground turkey breast
1 large egg white
3 tablespoons ketchup, divided
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Next heat up a small skillet over a medium to high heat and coat it with cooking spray. The ingredient to add in is the onion, which you will cook for about five minutes until it starts to brown. Then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- For the next step you are ready to start mixing together some of the ingredients. Into a large bowl combine the onions, breadcrumbs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, oregano, black pepper, turkey breast, and egg white. Then combine in two tablespoons of the ketchup, and mix everything together well.
- Next you will coat the muffin tin with cooking spray, and then spoon about a half cup of the meat mixture in as many muffin cups as it takes to use it all. (This amount of ingredients shouldn’t make too many.)
- Next you will combine the last tablespoon of ketchup and the hot sauce in a bowl and then brush the mixture across the top of the meat.
- Lastly, put the muffin tin into the oven and cook for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. If you’re using a meat thermometer it should reach 165 degrees.
Of course you add in more stuff to these if you want to bulk them up, such as sliced celery, mushrooms, or any other vegetables you might want.