It’s Father’s Day and celebrate it by cooking something special for your family. Surprise your wife and kids by preparing a dish that you can make, even without the help of your wife. You can make them a sausage and peppers recipe and it can be served as lunch or dinner.
This recipe is very tasty. The combination of sausage and peppers will make them ask for more. Follow the easy steps below and enjoy Father’s Day by cooking for your family. Follow these instructions carefully and your dish will be a hit:
1) First, you have a choice on the kind of meat you want for your sausage. You can choose from the vast selection of chicken, turkey, pork, beef, and even vegetarian sausage. The most flavorful of all of them is the one made from pork.
2) Before frying the sausages, be sure to poke them with your knife, so the oil from the sausages would ooze out and add some great flavor when frying.
3) When cooking this sausage and peppers recipe, you need olive oil for frying, but not too much because some oil would ooze out from the sausages. Fry the sausages until slightly crispy on the outside.
4) While the sausages are frying, slice some white onion and green bell peppers.
5) When the sausages are done, remove from pan and set aside.
6) In the same pan where you fried the sausages, add the onions and allow them to caramelize. This is done to bring out the natural sweetness of the onion and add a layer of flavor to the dish.
7) The next step in this sausage and peppers recipe is to add the green bell peppers, salt and pepper.
8) Then add some fresh oregano and allow to cook for five minutes. You can use the bottled or dried oregano, but you have to add some more because they are not as intense in flavor compared to the fresh ones.
9) After five minutes, bring back the sausages to the pan. Add marinara sauce and a little water. Cook for another fifteen minutes. If you do not have the time to prepare your own marinara sauce, you can buy one in a grocery and adjust the taste according to your liking. You may wish to add some more herbs for added flavor. This is an important ingredient in this sausage and peppers recipe.
10) After fifteen minutes, remove the sausages from the pan and place them on a serving dish. Grate some parmesan cheese on top and add some lemon zest.
This is a heavy meal, so you can serve it for lunch or dinner with some bread. If you wish, you can steam some fresh veggies and serve it on the side. Children love sausages and you will not have a difficult time serving them this sausage and peppers recipe because sausage is one of the favorite foods of children. For adults, it is best paired with a cold bottle of beer. Celebrate Father’s Day by cooking this special recipe for everyone.