A protein shake or smoothie might just be the equivalent of fro-yo for guys. They’re freaking delicious and can be rather guilt free. They can also be an excellent means to weight gain, getting in your daily protein and as a healthy meal replacement. Whatever your preference in taste is, there’s surely something here for you to blend up.
Get crafty and try different ingredients and recipes. You’ll find a great protein shake that will help you reach your goals and taste delicious. Below you’ll find a collection of protein shake recipes that vary in flavor to help you mix it up. As you can imagine, mixing these without a blender may leave you with a glass full of some chunky ingredients. That being said, when you have a little bit of time, throw the ingredients together and fuel up.
Using natural ingredients is much better than chugging a shaker full of clumpy protein powder inclusive of plenty chemicals. So check out our recipes below and give them a try and let us know what you think.
Do you have a favorite protein shake recipe or smoothie? Let us know in the comments section. We would love to hear all about it.
Protein Shake Recipe for Hardcore Weight Gain
- 12oz Coffee x 12oz.
- ½ cup raw oatmeal
- 3 whole eggs
- 12oz 2% milk
- 3 Tablespoons Hazelnut oil or walnut oil
- Optional: 2 tbsp. almond or cashew oil
- Optional: Protein Powder
The Hulk Protein Shake Recipe
- 1 cup Fresh spinach leaves (No Stems)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh honeydew
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
Monday Morning is for the Fit
- 8oz Coffee
- 8oz Low-fat milk
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 scoop coffee flavored protein
- Pinch of cinnamon
Chocolate Berry Blend
- 12oz cups of milk
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein
- pinch of cocoa powder
- 8oz Orange juice
- ½ cup of ice
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 8oz water (or milk)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 scoop of protein powder
Tips for a Masterful Protein Shake:
- Add a scoop of instant coffee to any shake for a protein packed pick me up
- Add in flaxseed or similar oils to your shake if it’s not a pre/post workout shake to reduce the insulin response and keep you fuller for longer
- Playing with the ice content and swapping out whey for casein protein will thicken the shake, similar to a milkshake you can eat with a spoon
- For added crunch to your thicker shakes add in your favorite cereal after blending and go at like Dairy Queen Blizzard