Have you ever been in a bar fight? Did you win? The most embarrassing thing in going through a bar fight is if you started it, and you end up losing (especially badly). Of course, not starting the fight and losing is still embarrassing. So, if you think there’s a good chance that you’ll have to be in a bar fight, it’s time for you to learn moves that will help you not just survive, but also win the fight.
Krav Maga is a form of martial arts. In fact, it’s one of the most brutal and effective ones. Training under Krav Maga is a lot different than other martial arts training because it helps you to be prepared not only for self defense during a bar fight, but also for worse situations. So, here are some easy ways to learn Krav Maga.
Learn How to Deflect a Punch
- Cup hand and redirect punch. When the opponent throws a left hand, redirect it with your right hand.
- As the hand of your opponent comes, deflect it, step out, and punch at the open area.
Fighting Someone Who’s Drunk
- Distract the person with a little slap on the face.
- When you’ve been successful in distracting him, grab the hand, rotate the arm, and press the elbow.
- Buckle the elbow, apply pressure on the wrist, and make them cry whatever you like before you release.
- Practice every day. Practice using your body weapons like punches, elbows, kicks, and everything you think may help. Live with it as if it’s a part of your life.
- Make sure you know the moves, or don’t start a fight.
- When the fight is about to start, never show worries on your face. Be confident and show confidence in your attacks.
- The last thing you’ll ever want to do is kill. Never kill! Just submit them, or harm them enough to get away.
Defense With Knives and Guns
When you’re in a bar fight, you won’t necessarily know if they have a knife or a gun. You can still use your hand to redirect a gun or knife, just like you would redirect a punch. Just be more careful. Though you’ve already learned the basics, it’s still very useful to complete the techniques and advanced training for better self-defense.
Here’s the biggest tip, even if you already know the basics of Krav Maga: never start a bar fight. The best survival tip is to keep out of danger. If you get tipsy, go home and have a sound sleep. Never fight unless in self-defense. Most importantly, be confident but not cocky. Learn the difference. Being confident can get you out of a fight. Being cocky can get you shot.